The purpose of this project is to explore the giclée printed medium.
View full showcase here.
ZBrush sculpt, screen capture – WIP.
Share the post "Pet project: Hugo, a Jack Russell Terrier – WIP"
Blenderella, Advanced Character Modeling, originally released in 2011 as a training DVD for Blender Institute.
Get the complete tutorial at:
Blenderella, Advanced Character Modeling by Blender Foundation (CC-BY-3.0)
Human Reference Photos from 3d.sk (used with permission)
Check out the showcase!
Share the post "Blenderella, Advanced Character Modeling Workflow on YouTube!"
We finally moved our rendering pipeline over to cloud providers.
Here was the render setup:
- 240 frames at 1920×1080 with cycles, split into 20 regions per frame.
- Total machines: 49
- Rendered files stored using Google Cloud Storage.
Render result summary:
- Total time: 5h 45m
- Average per frame: 1m 26s
- Average time per frame would be better if “aws” machines performed normally while using free tier instance. More details below.
VM instance provider summary:
bx – IBM Bluemix – 1 month trial ?!
- Only provided a Kubernetes cluster with 1 worker node in their free trial.
- Since we required access to many VM instances, integration to render pipeline was postponed for now.
aws – Amazon Web Services – free tier – EC2 instance 750 hours
- 15x t2.micro
- 1 core w/ 1Gb ram
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2676 v3
- Average time per pixel = 12.46 ms
- @ 0:15 seconds, we can see the CPU taking 9-10 more time than all other providers.
az – Azure – 1 month trial – $250 CAD credit
- 16x Standard_F1s
- 1 core w/ 2Gb ram
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2673 v3
- Average time per pixel = 1.76 ms
gcp – Google Cloud Platform – 1 year trial – $410.24 CAD credit ($300 USD)
- 16x Custom preemptive instance
- 1 core w/ 2Gb ram
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU @ 2.30GHz
- Average time per pixel = 1.38 ms
vgt – Vagrant (free) / Virtualbox (free) running on Windows 10 (not free) – internal cluster
- 2x Virtualbox VM
- 4 HT cores w/ 3Gb ram
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
- Average time per pixel = 0.86 ms
Share the post "Monitoring blender cycles render"
Dragon Baby Scales, blanketed by his wings.
Share the post "Dragon baby Scales silver pendant."
Sintel & Scales models created with Blender.
Share the post "Sintel & Scales 3D print"
Sad Sintel model created with Blender.
Share the post "Sad Sintel 3D print"
Model created with ZBrush and Blender
Share the post "Seated Male Figure 3D print"
Model created with Blender
Share the post "Blenderella 3D print"
Ponder Studios – Digital Artistry
Share the post "Welcome to Ponder Studios"